Thai Peanut Sauce (Like your favorite Thai restaurant)

I have been searching for the perfect recipe for years! This authentic Thai Peanut Sauce is da best. I grew up going to Thai food with my family after church each weekend. We have searched high and low for a good recipe and I have found it! This is as close as I can get to the real thing. Whenever I go home my mom always asks if I can make a big batch of this sauce, before leaving. 




Ingredients

1 13.5 oz can of full-fat Coconut milk 
2 oz. of Thai Red Curry Paste or about 1/2 a jar (see above)
3/4 cup of Peanut Butter (the kind with the oil on top) 
1/2 Tbs Salt
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Tbs Apple Cider or White Vinegar (NO SUBSTITUTES)
1/2 cup Water

Instructions


  1. Put everything into a medium heavy-bottomed pot and bring to a very gentle boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
  2. Let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat; be careful not to let the mixture scorch at the bottom of the pot.
  3. Take the pot off the heat, let the sauce cool down to room temperature (or slightly warmer), and serve the sauce with satay or fried tofu.
  4. Sauce will thicken when cooled, add water to desired consistency...

Comments