Snickerdooooodle Cookies







Welcome to heaven. I remember making these with my mom while sitting on the kitchen counter. I was learning to read and do math at the same time. She would have me read out the recipe and measure out the ingredients. I remember my mom making a gigantic version of these for my birthday cake! Or bags frozen for our family annual trip to Refugio State Beach. So you can see why these cookies remind me of heaven, and happy memories. I couldn't contain my excitement when the smell of warm cinnamon and butter wafted throughout the house. When these warm fluffy yet crispy edged pillows came out the oven I was always first in line. I hope my all time favorite cookie brings your heart joy as much as it has mine.



Cookies
1 c dark brown sugar (packed)
1/2 c white sugar
1 c salted butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c Flour
1/2 tsp baking Soda
1/4 tsp salt

Topping
3 tbs white sugar
1 tbs cinnamon


Preheat oven to 300F

In a large bowl mix sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, and vanilla mix until incorporated. Add remaining dry ingredients flour, baking soda, and salt. 

Combine toppings sugar and cinnamon for in a small bowl. Set aside

Form dough into small balls, and roll in sugar topping. Place on cookie sheet. Bake for 17-18 minutes. Makes about 2 dozen




Comments